Reacting to Dave's disapproval, Jack breaks up with Rebecca, saying he can't provide for her. Accepting that Rebecca loves Jack, Janet explains Dave's interference; Janet tells Rebecca that if she chooses Jack, she must make sure their love story is great. Rebecca goes to Jack's auto shop and tells him she loves him, which he reciprocates.
In the present, Kate throws a surprise birthday party for Toby, at which she learns he secretly changed gyms after a female workout buddy tried to kiss him. Toby admits he is withdrawing from the family, not because his feelings for Kate have changed, but because Jack's blindness makes him sad. Realizing that Jack is reacting to light and shadow, Toby begins to bond with Jack.
After unsuccessful matchmaking attempts, Kevin spends a romantic day with a woman, Lizzy, but they part after she admits she is married and he is her celebrity "hall pass". Filming reshoots, Kevin misses a call from Sophie.
Miguel bristles at Randall's involvement in Rebecca's medical appointment. After Rebecca is diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment, Miguel admits to Randall that he has been in denial about Rebecca's mental state. Returning home to his family, Randall finds a man trespassing inside his home.
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jack Pearson
- Mandy Moore as Rebecca Pearson
- Sterling K. Brown as Randall Pearson
- Chrissy Metz as Kate Pearson
- Justin Hartley as Kevin Pearson
- Susan Kelechi Watson as Beth Pearson
- Chris Sullivan as Toby Damon
- Jon Huertas as Miguel Rivas
- Eris Baker as Tess Pearson
- Faithe Herman as Annie Pearson
- Lyric Ross as Deja Pearson
- Asante Blackk as Malik Hodges
- Griffin Dunne as Nicky Pearson
- Caitlin Thompson as Madison Simons
- Elizabeth Perkins as Janet Malone
- Susan Santiago as Dr. Angela Whitaker
- Thomas Anthony Jones as Curt
- Tobias Jelinek as The Intruder
- Sophia Bush as Lizzy
- John Legend as Himself
- Ruben Vernier as PA
- J. Anthony McCarthy as Building Manager
- Desiree Hall as Brainy Woman
- Jamie Tompkins as Third Woman
- Jenny Tran as Bubbly Woman
- Eddie Kehler as Mechanic
Notes and Trivia
- This episode scored 6.71 million viewers.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|This Is Us Season 4|
|#01||"Strangers"||#07||"The Dinner and the Date"||#13||"A Hell of a Week: Part Three"|
|#02||"The Pool: Part Two"||#08||"Sorry"||#14||"The Cabin"|
|#03||"Unhinged"||#09||"So Long, Marianne"||#15||"Clouds"|
|#04||"Flip a Coin"||#10||"Light and Shadows"||#16||"New York, New York, New York"|
|#05||"Storybook Love"||#11||"A Hell of a Week: Part One"||#17||"After the Fire"|
|#06||"The Club"||#12||"A Hell of a Week: Part Two"||#18||"Strangers: Part Two"|