Metz was born on September 29, 1980 in Homestead, Florida. She spent part of her childhood in Japan, while her father was in the navy, and later moved to Gainesville, Florida. She struggled with weight issues since she was three or four years old, and was on Weight Watchers off and on throughout her early life.
She is currently in a relationship with Josh Stancil, who is a camera grip on This Is Us. They have been dating for over a year, and met during the show's filming.
- Breakthrough (2019)
- Sierra Burgess Is a Loser (2018)
- Solving Charlie (2009)
- The Onion Movie (2008)
- Loveless in Los Angeles (2007)
- This Is Us (2016-2020)
- Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny (short) (2018-2019)
- Superstore (2019)
- The Last O.G. (2018)
- American Horror Story (2014-2015)
- Huge (2010)
- My Name Is Earl (2008)
- All of Us (2005)
- Entourage (2005)
Notes and Trivia
- Metz only had eighty-one cents in her bank account when she was told she got the role of Kate Pearson.
- Mandy Moore plays Chrissy Metz's mother Rebecca on the show. In reality, Mandy Moore is four years younger than Chrissy Metz.